- Start with thoroughly shampooed and towel-dried hair.
- Take a scoop of coconut oil (about a quarter of a handful) and work it into your hair, starting from the roots and ending about midshaft.
- Clip your hair up, wrap it in a towel or plastic wrap, and wait 30 minutes.
- Hop back in your shower, rinse, and then shampoo twice. Montana says this sounds counteractive, but home remedies can build up in your hair if you don’t thoroughly get it out.
- Repeat once every two weeks.
One last tip from Montana: “Natural oils are very heavy, so be sure to start little and add more as needed, staying off roots.